Step 1: Put your MP3 player on random.
Step 2: Post the first line(s) of the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: NO CHEATING on your guesses (don't use the google)
it's been a hard day's night and i've been working like a dog
- take me on a trip. take me from the hip. keep me cool and dry round the corner from the dip.
- so i wandered like Jesus, like an alien cure, searching for my disciples
- strange shapes light up the night. i've never seen them, though i hope i might
- oh the word's on the street that you've found someone new. if he looks nothing like me, i'm so happy for you.
- no need to be afraid when the light starts to afraid, when mind disintegrates
- Callas went away. She went away.
- baby, i'm so into you. you got that something, what can i do?
- sophistaphones, artistocats, distinguished dogs, clean up your act
- grey in grey, raindrop explode at blind windows
- all we want is a headrush. all we want is to get out of our skin for a while.
and you can dance for inspiration. come on! i'm waiting! chemical halo burning bright in a sodium haze. all meaning is lost but this confusion remains.
- i was never any good at lovin' you. i was never any good at comin' through for you.
- immaculation in your eyes; depravity within your mind; a suffer from a devotional alliance
- war and slavery, exploitation - the common basis of the western nations
you turn the screws, you tear down the bridge
- it's hard to find the balance when you are in love; it's hard to find the middle
i see love; i can see passion. i feel danger, i feel obsession.
- the wintergreen, the juniper, the cornflower and the chicory, all of the words you said to me still vibrating in the the air
Hint: You all lucked out here with seven songs where the song title is in the first lines. That's practically unfair. And the iPod went on a kick of one particular band, so one artist appears three times. Also, I now realize that the lyrics to #15 make no sense whatsoever. That's what happens when you listen closely to songs you normally ignore.