Friday, November 28, 2008

Update

Yesterday morning I went to a special Thanksgiving yoga practice consisting of 108 sun salutations. I wasn't sure I could make it through, even with the breaks we were promised every 27 salutations; after all, after 10 at the beginning of an ashtanga practice, I'm already tired. To my surprise I made it through the whole thing, without having to modify the salutations, but even more surprising is where I am sore. I figured my arms would hurt from chaturanga (it's like a push-up), but instead it's my hamstrings that are suffering.

I spent the rest of the day eating, hanging out, and watching Four Christmases. (More amusing than I expected.)

The other big news here is that Wednesday I turned in a chapter of my dissertation to my writing group.

No comments: