Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Links

Dr. Crazy (whose blog you should be reading anyway): "The big picture is that I’m turning 36 on Sunday, it’s ridiculously hot and humid outside, I am getting to the point in my next book project where it’s no longer fun and exciting and new and instead is sort of frustrating and overwhelming, and I’m alone, desperately alone. (That last part, while true, is phrased in that way to be funny.)" I can relate, although, selfish brat that I am, I can't bring myself to feel sorry for Dr. Crazy, because her situation sounds like mine - except she has tenure and a house. Whereas I have ... a job search.

Portugal gets 45% of energy from renewable sources. "Holy crap. Whenever global warming denialists and anti-green grouches talk about the ‘extreme costs’ of catering to hairshirt environmentalism they make it sound as if the entire economy comes to a cratering halt due to efforts like this."

People read faster in print than online. I feel like I'm reading slower online, and here we go. Proof.

No comments: