Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving thanks

I'm thankful that my family traditions don't include football on Thanksgiving or shopping on Black Friday.

I'm thankful that Woodland Wine Merchant always makes good recommendations, and that they saved me a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle.

I'm thankful I get to teach a class of my own next semester, and I even get to write the syllabus.

I'm thankful I have credit cards.

I'm thankful I have people to push me to do things I don't think I can do.

I'm thankful that Jeff Bezos and co. created the universal Amazon wish list.

I'm thankful my mom taught me how to cook.

I'm thankful that Vanderbilt is generous in its support of doctoral students.

I'm thankful that I don't have any roommates.

I'm thankful for Samuel Delany, Jennifer Crusie, China Mieville, and Thomas Pynchon.

I'm thankful for online shopping. Make that the internet, period.

I'm thankful to all my yoga teachers.

I'm thankful that fools sooner or later open their mouths and reveal themselves.

I'm thankful I have things to be sarcastic about.

I'm thankful that not every series has been ruined by too many sequels.

I'm thankful I have pie.

No comments: