Saturday, July 21, 2007

Nice day for a sendoff


LPO & Ying's parents
Originally uploaded by TheTurducken

Our friend Y, who defended a few months ago, is leaving town this week for a great job in institutional research. We had a send-off for her today at the Shutes Branch recreation area on Old Hickory Lake. The weather was perfect - not too humid and with a nice breeze. The only hitch was that 440 got backed up, and quite a few guests arrived much later than they intended.

Afterwards, I scrapped my plan of going to the gym since it was so nice out. Instead, I looked at the map and decided that since the Percy Priest dam was nearby, I'd go take a look at it.

I've been to several of the recreation areas created around the lake but never seen the dam itself. I discovered that the Stones River Greenway starts at the dam. The other end of the greenway will connect to the Shelby Bottoms Greenway after the connecting bridge is finished.

No comments: