Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The five lamest capoeira t-shirts

"I'm a capoeira dancer"? Too bad that's not the right term. (And, as a bonus, its cousin, the "Capoeira black belt" shirt. Too bad capoeira doesn't use belts.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Maybe this is my personal problem, but I am really tired of activity shirts and bumper stickers that are just modified from other sports. "Eat, sleep, fish" might have been cute once upon a time, but now you can probably get, oh, I don't know, an "Eat, sleep, shuffleboard" shirt. The message on this shirt is that capoeira is like … basketball?

"This is my capoeira shirt" isn't exactly brilliantly original, but it's not offensive, either. But this version leaves me baffled.

It's not that I think capoeristas ought to smoke, but … wtf?

No comments: