Thursday, November 22, 2012

ASHE 2012

The bathing room by TheTurducken
The bathing room, a photo by TheTurducken on Flickr.
I spent last week in Las Vegas at the Association for the Study of Higher Education conference. Vegas was a much more exciting venue than we usually have, so I imagine that next year in St. Louis we'll be looking around woefully, asking, "Where is my giant bathtub?" Yes, my room at The Cosmopolitan was actually larger than my apartment in Manhattan. And the weather was perfectly delightful, unlike Vegas in the summer.

The conference itself was also excellent. I only presented a roundtable, so low stakes there, but I went to a few interesting presentations, a couple of meetings, and some receptions. As always, one of the best parts of the conference was catching up with scholars and friends I see once or maybe twice a year.

No comments: