Thursday, October 26, 2017

Hiking to Heceta Head

Heceta Head Lighthouse

I've just returned from a trip to Oregon, during which it mostly rained. However, on the one nice day I was there, my sister and I went to the coast. We traipsed along the ocean and we also visited Heceta Head Lighthouse. I thought I had been there previously but was confused. (To give myself some credit, the buildings look similar, and on my previous visit, the fog totally obscured the view.)

From the parking lot, we strolled half a mile uphill to the lighthouse. The view above is from partway up the trail. The lighthouse itself looked reasonably cool, although we didn't tour it. For one thing, we had her dog with us, and for another, the tower was closed for lens repair. But the view itself was a sufficient reward.

No comments: