Saturday, August 15, 2020

Metropolitan and Grand Bridges

This wasn't a long walk, but last week I found myself in Williamsburg for my first haircut in five months, so I took advantage of this to explore some new territory.

I walked through the East Williamsburg Industrial Park towards Newtown Creek. Now I don't know Williamsburg at all but was surprised to see industry so close to hipster living. If anything, I would have guessed the hipsters would have colonized, but I guess the industrial park designation helps prevent that.

The Metropolitan Avenue Bridge crosses a channel of Newtown Creek, affording views of said creek. The bridge itself is nothing architecturally interesting.

Metropolitan Ave Bridge

The Grand Street Bridge, which connects Brooklyn and Queens, is a different story. It looks a bit shabby chic and has a surfeit of character.

Grand St. Bridge

There are nice views of Manhattan from the bridge itself.

Grand St. Bridge

No comments: