Saturday, November 28, 2020

Rambling in Central Park

As part of my quest to visit all the Manhattan pedestrian bridges, I had to visit Central Park's Ramble for a mop-up. While I spend less time in the Ramble than in the more northerly parts of the park, I was pretty sure I'd been to each bridge. I just didn't have proof.

The first bridge of note is Triplets Bridge, which is actually west of the Ramble. It's over a gully to the side of the Lake, which may dry up at times. From there it was over Oak Bridge and into the Ramble itself.

Triplet Bridge

Unlike the Ravine, it's easy to visit each bridge in the Ramble linearly, with no doubling back. The bridges are as follows:

Gill bridge, a rustic bridge - like two rising suns.

Gill bridge

An ignored bridge at the top of a cascade.

Gill bridges

A rustic bridge - with Xs.

Gill bridges

A tiny rustic bridge.

Gill bridges

An ignored, tiny stone slab bridge.

Gill bridges

From there, I strolled around the rest of the Lake, enjoying unseasonably warm November weather.

Bow Bridge

No comments: