Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fat-Ass Ramble

Hudson shore by TheTurducken
Hudson shore, a photo by TheTurducken on Flickr.
Even though I didn't eat and drink my way through New Year's Eve, a long hike sounded like a great way to start 2014 off, so I joined the Ramblers "NYC Fat-Ass Ramble" from Inwood to Chinatown. Or in my case, to Columbus Circle.

By a direct route, that's about eight miles, but we dipped in and out of parks and tried to make it scenic, so we were up to about 14 miles when I bowed out. Much of the hike, even in the parks, was on pavement, and my feet were sore. Also, I'm out of shape and trying to get back into it, and 14 miles - although much of it was flat - was enough.

This photo was taken on the edge of the Hudson River near the George Washington bridge.

No comments: