Saturday, April 3, 2021

Two more trails at Van Cortlandt

I had to head up to Van Cortlandt Park for a walk-through of my trail section with folks from the Van Cortlandt Park Alliance, so I took the opportunity to cross off two more trails towards the challenge. 

Old Croton Aqueduct

I've walked the entire Old Croton Aqueduct, but I almost never walk the portion of it in the southeast corner of the park. In fact, I almost never enter that part of the park at all. It's a little neglected by others, too, as it needs some upkeep. The bright side of that is that it felt like visiting a whole new trail.

The northern sections I am much more familiar with. After the detour occasioned by Robert Moses, the Aqueduct begins to take on its characteristic feel, of a flat, very straight trail.

Jerome Wetland Walk

On my return journey, I detoured to do the Jerome Wetland Walk, a .3-mile interpretive trail.

No comments: