Thursday, April 25, 2024

Purdum and Lewisdale

This past weekend I did another hike of some new-to-me trails in Little Bennett. Both are ones that start at the edge of the park, only connecting to other trails about a mile in.

Little Bennett Park

I started at the Purdum Trail, which runs north-south most of the park's length. The southern portion is great for connecting loops. The northern part is not, but it is a pleasant enough journey. From there I got onto Browning Run, a segment I have done a few times. Then, finally, I did the Lewisdale Trail. It ends at a horse trailer parking area - not a place I would like to park a car. This trail feels like it was farmland somewhat recently; it is quite open and would be hot in summer.

Little Bennett Park

Then, I did the same thing back to the car, for a round-trip of six miles.

No comments: