Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Depressing

Latest OK Cupid Trends report.

No, not the report itself, at least not more so than anything else about dating. It's the comments:
  1. White people trying to convince themselves they're not racists ("I 'just happen' to only be attracted to people of my own race").
  2. "I don't want to stereotype, but ..."
  3. A few white people willing to frontstage their racism with pride.
  4. White people showing off their willingness to date other races, as long as they're races the media fetishes as appropriate for someone of their race and gender.
  5. Total nonsense ("I don't see race, as a white girl who likes black men").
  6. Minorities pointing out that when you're the only black kid at your high school, you date other races or nobody at all.
Come on, folks!
  1. You know how people develop tastes for new kinds of foods? They're willing to try them with an open mind.
  2. Then don't.
  3. I recognize the ad hominem fallacy, but seriously? Check your spelling and grammar before telling me how you're awesome by virtue of your race.
  4. Oh look, a white nerd who likes anime and Asian girls!
  5. I liked "Twas brillig and the slithy toves" better, myself.
  6. Fair enough.

No comments: