Friday, June 1, 2018

An easy hike around South Egremont

S. Egremont

On the second day of our adventure, I decided to take it easy and do a solo stroll. I started off from the cabin and walked to Mill Pond, pictured above. Then I walked through South Egremont, stopping at Mom's Cafe for lunch (aka second breakfast). I continued down the road, turning to meet the AT where it crosses the road. There is a monument there for Shay's Rebellion. If, like me, you don't really remember what it was about, the monument will not elucidate anything for you.

I followed the AT for 1.9 miles to a road crossing, where I ran into my cabinmates. Instead of following the road to close the loop, I turned around with them. We retraced the AT for a bit before cutting off into the woods to the cabin. It's a bushwhack partially on old roads, made a little less pleasant by the height of mosquito season.

S. Egremont

The full hike was 3 miles of road walking, 1.9 miles of AT, plus some amount of retracing and bushwhacking, so I'll guess 6 total miles, almost entirely flat.

No comments: