Monday, April 6, 2020

A walk to the Bronx

I decided to walk to the Bronx on Saturday - it's the borough I can most easily reach from the Upper West Side. I gave some thought to taking the High Bridge, but instead decided to aim for Macomb's Dam Bridge, which I don't think I've crossed before.

I walked north through several linear parks, starting with Morningside:

Walk to the Bronx

Then St. Nicholas:

Walk to the Bronx

And finally Jackie Robinson, where I walked on the eastern side rather than through:

Walk to the Bronx

Then it was over to Macomb's Dam Bridge, which I have been to before - I've been under the western end. On the eastern end is a destination as good as any, Yankee Stadium:

Yankee Stadium

On the return, I headed straight west and then down Riverside Park.

This hike was just over eight miles, about the maximum hike length I can do now. Wearing a mask means no drinking water (or eating), which limits the safe range of a hike.

No comments: