Saturday, April 28, 2007

Is done better than good?

I just climbed out from under from a stack of work for a temporary breather. I'll have to go back under soon, though, because it's that time of the semester.

Thursday evening I was up late working on a project due the next day at 2 p.m. The last-minute scramble was entirely my own fault, due to procrastination. I didn't sleep well (too much coffee), and then I had to get up early to work on it some more. At 9:30 it was pretty much done, so I shifted gears and met with my partner on a project for practicum. We worked on that until lunchtime, at which time I had to turn my attention to a minor project that was part of the other one. I got that all done and in, but instead of feeling relieved that 3/4 of my classes were finished, I mostly felt bummed that I hadn't done a great job on one of them. I rushed off to a haircut and then to meet friends for dinner. I was tired already, but we had plans for the evening - dinner and Grindhouse. (Aside to my mom, who wanted my opinion on the film - I thought it was pretty awesome, but I wouldn't particularly recommend it to you.*) That didn't get done until after midnight.

I had the greatest of intentions to go to yoga this morning; it was the last ashtanga class being taught by a teacher I really like at a studio near me that was closing, but my body went carpe dormium and I didn't wake up in time. Now I'm sort of trapped in East Nashville, since many of the streets are closed for the Country Music Marathon.

After the breather, though, I have three paper proposals to finish this weekend. ASHE conference proposals are due May 1, a date that is good for no one in academia. And that final 1/4 undone is a paper for our higher ed seminar due May 7.

* Alright, I do have one question that is bothering me, which you would think would be a minor detail since we after all talking about a zombie movie, the category of which is not closely related to genre of documentary film, but how does Cherry shoot the replacement leg gun? She doens't use her hands. Mysteries!

No comments: