Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend update

I went out Friday night, but other than that my weekend has been quiet. Saturday I went to the Center for Teaching's GradStep workshop and then spent the rest of the day hibernating - I watched the final episodes of Battlestar Galactica. The show is so awesome, it would be hard for the final episode to be totally satisfactory. And they were OK (don't worry, no real spoilers here), except there was a little too much cheesy expository wrap-up. I think the problem is, the show is at its best when the episodes are character-driven, and the finale had to be plot-driven to wrap up loose ends.

This morning I did a bunch of boring administrative tasks at home that have a high drudge/reward ratio. Like punching holes in a 200-page document, six pages at a time, to put in a binder. But that suited my mood; sometimes it just feels good to get something unambiguously done (and have a clean desk).

No comments: