Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome to 2010

It's not only the start of a new year but of a new decade. I should be doing retrospective posts, like everyone else, but you know what? 2009 was a cruddy year. I am glad to see the last of it. Heck, the oughts were a disappointing decade. Not only did we not get the flying cars and spaceships we were promised, it was a decade in which my life seemed to stand still in many ways. Ten years ago I wasn't too far out of college, working in a job that earned me $14k/year before taxes, and living the wild and crazy life of a single girl, except without the wild or crazy part. Now, I'm back in college, not earning much more (after inflation), and still single. The more things change ...

But surface indicators aren't the only way to measure my life, and there are things that are different. I think some of those will make 2010 better.

And some things, I don't want to change. My family is healthy; I have a lot of great friends; and whatever I have to complain about, things could be a lot worse.

So happy 2010. May this year, no matter what your 2009 was like, be better than the year before.

No comments: