Wednesday, April 30, 2008

No rest for the wicked

ABD, well, that means it's time to get back to work!

Actually I've gotten a fair amount done this week. I had a very helpful meeting about my dissertation topic, although it doesn't sound so helpful when I explain the upshot of it was ... to schedule another meeting. But really, it was useful. I've also been working on three, er, two proposals for ASHE. I'm submitting three; one is already out of my hands, the one with my advisor. Another one is a four-author paper that even if it doesn't get accepted at ASHE has another audience it will probably play to. And then the last one is my paper from my contemporary theory class. Tomorrow's goal is to submit those proposals (they're due at 10:59 p.m.) and to submit a dissertation fellowship application. Friday's goal is to eat pancakes. And, um, that probably won't take all day. Let's pull some things off my "long-term to do list" and my calendar:
  • order new beaters for mixer
  • buy peanut butter at Whole Foods
  • buy summer foundation at Sephora
  • avoid thunderstorms
  • send some PPI emails
  • go to the gym or yoga

No comments: