Sunday, June 16, 2013

Costa da Lagoa

Dock by TheTurducken
Dock, a photo by TheTurducken on Flickr.
While I was busless in Lagoa, I decided to do the trail to Costa da Lagoa. It's a small town north of where I am staying, reachable only by trail or boat. Many of the people who live there fish, and there is a strong Azorean influence.

The trail is 7 km one-way, with surprising ups and downs for a trail on the edge of a lake. It starts off from a dead-end road, proceeding into a pleasant forest with occasional houses and cabins. It eventually opens up, with more homes and fewer trees, and there you are in Costa da Lagoa.

It's hard to photograph the town itself without being intrusive, so I don't have many great pictures of it. However, the hike itself is very nice.

Just past the town is a trail to Ratatones. I did not follow it, but I may do so a later day.

No comments: