Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pantano do Sul, part 2

Up to the sky by TheTurducken
Up to the sky, a photo by TheTurducken on Flickr.
I am now in the city itself, but here's an update on the last few days in the south.

I went on a hike. It wends its way from Praia do Solidao to Praia do Saquinho and onto a viewpoint I didn't reach. Much of the path is paved in a narrow strip (pictured here), about a foot wide. Past Saquinho, it passes several houses reachable only by this path. Unfortunately, I was overdressed for the hike (the weather was cloudy and chilly when I left but rapidly got warmer), and then I was stopped by a dog who would not let me pass. So, I didn't make it all the way to the viewpoint.

On Sunday, I was picked up by a friend and returned to the city - much faster by car than by bus!

No comments: