Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Greetings from Pantanal

Shell by TheTurducken
Shell, a photo by TheTurducken on Flickr.
I'm currently staying in the neighborhood of Pantanal (not to be confused with THE Pantanal, on the mainland), near to the Federal University of Santa Catarina. The photo here is from the university; one of the things I've done is take a busman's holiday around campus.

I have been running a few errands and working - not so exciting, alas - but today I went to the neighborhood of Lagoa. It's near the big lake on the island, and it's where most of the nightlife is. It's also much closer to where the capoeira classes are. (As the crow flies, the classes aren't even far from here, but unfortunately I am not a crow, and taking three buses is a bit much.) I didn't expect to like the Lagoa area, as nightlife isn't my thing, but I was surprised. Perhaps because it's winter and the off-season - the summer might be too crazy. There is a lot more within easy walking distance there, and the lake itself is very nice.

Hopefully, tomorrow, I will finally get to do capoeira! There is a student of Mestre Calunga's who teaches close to the university, within walking distance even.

No comments: