Sunday, July 18, 2021

Another tower double-header

I started the day off with Owls Head, a longish but less difficult hike. It has nice views from the base of the tower, for folks who don't like heights. Of course, at the top you get the full 360 panorama.

Owls Head

Then I made a spontaneous decision to go hike Cathedral Rock. It's one of the easiest towers, but it isn't near anything. Owls Head was as close as I was going to get, as I had already done Mount Arab, which is its closest neighbor. I wasn't in the mood for a hard hike, but a long drive sounded fine. So I headed out to SUNY ESF to bag Cathedral Rock.

Cathedral Rock

The views from it reminded me of Spruce, somewhat removed from the high peaks, albeit in a different direction. But it was a nice "bonus" tower I hadn't planned to do. 

No comments: