Friday, July 16, 2021

Hiking Blue Mountain and Watch Hill

The weather was nice again on the morning of day three, and I woke up even earlier than I intended, so I headed out to Blue Mountain early. This turned out to be a great strategy, as it's a popular hike. I had it all to myself on the way up and at the tower, but on the way down, lots of folks passed me going up. It's a pretty rocky hike, so I was cautious, particularly on the way down.

Blue Mountain

While I was in the neighborhood, I visited the Adirondack Experience Museum, which was quite nice. It had turned overcast - truly, I hit Blue at just the right time! - but a little drizzle is okay. So since I still had time left in the day, I headed to Watch Hill, another Indian Lake hike. It's close to Snowy Mountain, and it features excellent views of it. (Of course, you can also get excellent view of Snowy from the Watch Hill parking lot.)

Watch Hill

No comments: