It's almost depressing enough to turn one to online dating. Now I'm not one of those folks that thinks online dating is just for losers. I've tried it. It just never worked for me. I guess my interest depends on too many factors that can't be determined online. So for me to be reduced to looking at Match.com means I'm having a bum moment.
Anyway, I stopped myself before I did anything stupid, like sign up, but not before I wrote myself an ad.
WHY YOU SHOULD DATE ME
- I recycle
- I like puppies
- I make great cookies
- I can discuss Weber, Mieville, and Fish
- I offset my carbon from flying
- I have really nice blue eyes
- I'm a Democrat
- My mom says I'm smart and funny. Would she lie?
WHY YOU SHOULDN'T DATE ME
- I'm not from Nashville. I like it here, but in two or three years I'm going to get a job. I don't know where, but I'm 99% sure it won't be here
- I have no free time for a relationship, yet I do expect flowers occasionally
- I don't actually have a puppy
- I'm 30 and yet Britney Spears is on my iPod
- I eat too much meat for vegetarians, too little for carnivores
- My baby toes are funny looking
- I don't really want to have kids
- I have never watched American Idol
- Despite doing yoga, I have really tight hamstrings
- Any day now, I may get into population ecology
- I'm not really into music. Sure, I listen to it, but going to concerts? Meh.
- Would you like to hear me talk about my dissertation?